cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hail Mary Question

cweatherford
Level 1
Level 1

First of all I want to say I don't think the 2960S Lan-Lite switches we have can help, but I figured I would tap in to the brain power of all here to make sure there isn't a solution I have over looked.

We have a few hundred branch offices that are all on an AT&T Managed VPN WAN (AVITS I think). The Layer three device is the AT&T NetGate. That runs to the 2960's at each branch.

Now, the problem I am currently facing involves security camera DVR's and C level folks. All the Execs want to look in on the branch locations to see how traffic and such is moving along. For locations that have lower bandwidth; these DVR connections can slow down or halt credit processing. Yes, I know we should just tell them to stop...that is a longer story that I (who wants to keep my job) will not go into here. DVR's are all plugged into the same port on every switch. IP addresses also have a schemea that is followed.

So basically can anyone think of a way to restrict the bandwidth going out to the netgate and HQ and not restrict/degrade internal access at each location.

I have already contacted AT&T and I am awaiting a reply.             

Thanks!

Chad

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
So basically can anyone think of a way to restrict the bandwidth going out to the netgate and HQ and not restrict/degrade internal access at each location.

Not on a 2960 LAN Lite.  QoS for a LAN Lite is nonexistence.

Well, it does have some QOS abilities...just not much 

AT&T has responded stating they can accomplish this from their layer 3 device.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card