Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

%HARDWARE-3-MCU_I2C_READ_ERROR: I2C read failed in MCU and attached devices

Hi,

We hit the below mentioned issue with the following switch model : WS-C3750G-24PS"

"The switch is not detected the PoE devices on the ports and unable to provide power to the IP phones". Show power inline status shows off for most the IP Phones.

Gi1/0/6   auto   off        0.0     n/a                 n/a   30.0

Following log message, we had received on the switch when this issue was triggered. 

002652: 15w3d: %HARDWARE-3-MCU_I2C_READ_ERROR: I2C read failed in MCU and attached devices (e.g. Temperature Sensor) can't be read.

The issue is fixed after the switch IOS is upgraded to 12.2(55)SE9  C3750-IPBASEK9-M which is recently released on 18th March 2014. Please confirm about IOS release 12.2(55) SE9 stability for the above mentioned error reported in 12.2(58)SE2. Is it a known bug or hardware issue for the particular platforms.

Regards,

Ayaz

• LAN Switching and Routing
1 REPLY

I am also receiving this

I am also receiving this error and the WS-C3560G-48PS is running Version 15.0(2)SE9. 

Following log message, we received on the switch when this issue was triggered. 

Event : %HARDWARE-3-MCU_I2C_READ_ERROR: I2C read failed in MCU and attached devices (e.g. Temperature Sensor) can't be read..

From Cisco 3 years ago: The issue was fixed after the switch IOS is upgraded to 12.2(55)SE9  C3750-IPBASEK9-M which is recently released on 18th March 2014. Please confirm about IOS release 12.2(55) SE9 stability for the above mentioned error reported in 12.2(58)SE2. Is it a known bug or hardware issue for the particular platforms.

Seems that this bug has reappeared and has not been fixed or returned  in 2017.

Views
Helpful
Replies