Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

hardware support for upload speeds?

Hi,

Is there any way to use a 3620 or 3640 Cisco (or other inexpensive legacy Cisco router)router to increase the upload speeds and decrease jitter/latency when sitting behind a business flashed cable modem? I will be getting a static IP and DNS through TWC with the lowest business speeds. They say the speeds are just short of 1 MB up and 7 down. The thing is that is backwards for my needs. I want this server to allow my business partner's machines to VPN through the big wall and access American unfiltered internet. Having VPN/SSl already increases latency. What network module/aim package do I need to maximize the upload speeds with these needs in mind? Will they need a cico router on their side as well?

The server has a dual GB nics built-in. Two dual core 2.5 PPC processors, 12 GB ECC ram, Rocketraid 4322 running 8 raptors in raid 5, SSD boot drive, Rocketraid 2320 running two 2 TB 7200 rpm Hitachi/s in raid 1, Quadro FX4500 vid card.

It will be running Leopard Server.

Everyone's tags (4)
Views
Helpful
Replies