Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Has anyone used a Cisco 3560 outside ?

Hi,

I have a requirement to install some network devices outside. I have looked at the Industrial strength switches, but they seem expensive and over-specced for my needs. I need at least 24 ports, but have no POE need.

I would like to use a 3560 outside, in an IP65 rated cabinet. The temperature will get down to -10c.

Has anyone any experience of this or any suggestions as to what may be a better sol

4 REPLIES

Re: Has anyone used a Cisco 3560 outside ?

Hi, I'm a technician of an Internet and Telephony Service Provider. We have a metro ethernet network to provide a FTTH access to our customers. All our core and access devices are Cisco.
We have more then 100 road cabinets IP65 with cisco 2950, 2960 and 3750 switches installed.

All devices works right also with external temperature are under zero or over 50 celsius.

Only in rare cases was necessary install an heater to increase temperature (under -10 celsius).

That's brilliant. Thanks.

Do you use any particular make of external cab ?

Regards

Cisco Employee

Environmentally there should be no issues if the following are met...

Operating temperature

32 to 113°F (0 to 45°C)

Storage temperature

-13 to 158°F (-25 to 70°C)

Relative humidity

10 to 85% (noncondensing)

Operating altitude

Up to 10,000 ft (3049 m)

Storage altitude

Up to 15,000 ft (4573 m)

Reference : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/hardware/installation/guide/hgspecs.html

Cisco Employee

Hi,

If this thread has been answered please mark it complete and rate any responses that helped you.

Shelley.

Views
Helpful
Replies