cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

hello with my IP Phone

richard pititto
Level 1
Level 1

hello i have a 7940 cisco IP Phone and i have it plugged into my switch which is connected to a router and than to the internet and im a novice and am not sure how to get it work.  I tired to make a call from it and i get a busy signal and was wondering if there is something i have to configure or if its my internet service, im pretty sure it has VOIP, ive looked up information on the IP Phone and couldnt find anything about this problem but im sure its a simple one, any help would be great thanks just ask if you have anymore questions.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need "something" for your 7940 to talk to.  A call server. 

You could get Cisco's CUCM, CME, etc. or you could research a free product called Asterisk. 

View solution in original post

Hi,

ok so from this link it seems it is supported.

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need "something" for your 7940 to talk to.  A call server. 

You could get Cisco's CUCM, CME, etc. or you could research a free product called Asterisk. 

that helps thanks you

i giot cucm 7.0 and now im having problems installing because it cant find the driver can anyone help?

What are trying to install CUCM on?

CUCM is a bit OTT for what you need.

Look at Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (CME) which can be installed on a Cisco Router IOS.

thank you, yea im gonna install cucm 8.6 on a MCS-7816-I4 will that work?

Hi,

CUCM support is 4.3 only

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/data_sheet_c78-478928.html

Regards

Alain

Hi,

ok so from this link it seems it is supported.

Regards

Alain

ok it worked but i ran into a problem becuase i forgot to wrtie my login/pw for the application level when i login through my network, i know my password but when i try to reset my login though the os it still doesnt work so i cant sign in and ive tried to reset the password and it gives me an error "read credential for server failed" can anyone help?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card