cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help for RSA ACE Secure ID

abdave
Level 1
Level 1

If anyone has worked on RSA ACE or working - IS it possible that we can bind one single TOKEN to more than one users . Lets say we can create a group having more than one users and then can we assign one token to that GROUP so that all users of that particular group can login with same token at same time.?

Any help will be appriciated.

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Dave,

we use ACE servers to manage RSA tokens.

I know that is possible to associate multiple tokens to a single user but I don't know if it is possible to do this.

For this kind of scenarios we use N tokens associated to N users:

user1: groupname1

user2: groupname2

userN: groupnameN

if I try to associate a token that is already with another user an error message appears if I remember correctly.

You should give a look at RSA ACE documentation.

What can be done is to use a single user a single token with multiple concurrent accesses.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks but how to do this ?->

single user a single token with multiple concurrent accesses.

Can you navigate me or send some document.

Appricate your help

Abhishek

Hello Abhishek,

I've noticed that a maximum of two concurrent sessions are possible by default and the third is dropped.

However, I don't remember if there is any parameter in the user profile that references this.

I tried to give a look at RSA website but I didn't find anything useful.

From a security point of view that wouldn't be a good thing but I understand the desire to save some tokens to avoid to finish the license limits.

I haven't access to ACE in these days because I'm not in our office.

Best Regards

Giuseppe

Thanks a lot.yes website is not very helpful.

I also dont have access to RSA so cant make sure.But will wait for more responses.

Thanks again!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card