Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Help me for 4510R-E Switch Redundancy

Dear Sir,

Deatails are as follows.

L2 Redundancy:

• Between two Backbone switch there are 3 nos of Links: One is Wireless Link using Canopy and Two 10 Gig are Fiber link which is maintained by STP. ( Primary Link will be 10Gig port because of low cost : 2 than Gig port cost : 4 )

• Between Backbone and Distribution Switch one link will be active and other link will be blocked by STP according to the path cost.

• Primary Root will be ESH (AS ESH side Backbone VLAN STP Priority : 16384 and at Prabhat side Backbone Vlan STP Priority will be 28672 )

L3 Redundancy:

• On both the Backbone Switch HSRP will be used on Backbone Vlan. (ESH side HSRP Priority will be 120 and at Prabhat side HSRP Priority will be 110.)

• Redundancy between TWO SUP on one chassis will be handled by SSO and Config-sync feature with SRM. (Only one SUP will be active at a time.)

I want to use two Ten Gidg Port using Fiber and one Gig port using Canopy Wireless between tweo CORE switches.

On Distribution there will not be HSRP . It is ok or not ?

Pls Reply ....

Pls Give the configuration or what shuod I add in the config I have attached.

Can you pls send me the configuration is possible?

Regards,

Dipesh P.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Help me for 4510R-E Switch Redundancy

Hello Dipesh,

you have already a thread about this.

I've answered there.

Your design can be improved in several ways:

interconnection: adding link between distrib1 and core2

routing: moving to a dynamic routing protocol can change dramatically network capability to react to topology changes see the explanation in other thread.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content