Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

help needed upgrade catalyst 6506

Can i upgrade a chasis 6506 with a sup720-3B + WS-X6724-sfp + WS-X6148A-GB. What is the difference between the chasis 6506 and the 6506-E

Thanks,

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: help needed upgrade catalyst 6506

Yes,

You need to upgrade to a "high-speed" fan tray (WS-C6K-6SLOT-FAN2) and your power supplies need to be 2500W or higher.

However, the 6148A card will see no performance increase. These cards are built with an 8 to 1 over-subscription, and are intended for wiring closet applications.

There are some enhancements to the backplane in the E chassis, and they can support more than 4000 W of power.

Rob

2 REPLIES

Yes,

You need to upgrade to a "high-speed" fan tray (WS-C6K-6SLOT-FAN2) and your power supplies need to be 2500W or higher.

However, the 6148A card will see no performance increase. These cards are built with an 8 to 1 over-subscription, and are intended for wiring closet applications.

There are some enhancements to the backplane in the E chassis, and they can support more than 4000 W of power.

Rob

Thanks Rob, but i thought that it was possible to make a etherchannel to other catalysts like the 4500 ? I would like to make an etherchannel between a copper sfp and this car

Peter

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content