i had one consultant (protocol analysis expert) who took at look at the health of our network tell me to upgrade the memory in some 3548 switches (and the IOS). btw, this was about 2 1/2 years ago. another guy (CCIE) told me the memory can't be upgraded.
My boss has the report from the first guy. We are having performance problems on a couple of apps and he is blaming the network telling me we should have upgraded the memory (and the IOS). can ram be added (in order to help performance)?
As what the other poster says, you can't upgrade Cisco Catalyst 3548 Switch memory and the model is already EOS/EOL. The next best approach is to replace them with new Cisco Catalyst Switch model.
However, if you are retaining them, I recommend the following.
- Upgrade the IOS if you are able to download it.
- Hardcode static device port configuration to 100Base-T/FullDuplex (i.e. Switch-to-Switch, Switch-to-Server, Switch-to-Router, Switch-to-Firewall, etc..) and leave moving host port configuration to Auto/Auto (i.e. Switch-to-Desktop/Laptop)
- Avoid daisy-chaining Switches if you can help it.
- Make sure you are using correct cabling;
* UTP Cat 5 or Cat 5E
* Same devices use crossed-cable (i.e. Switch-to-Switch)
* Not same device use straight-through cable (i.e. Switch-to-Server)
Hi everyone, I would like to thank you in advance for any help you can provide a newcomer like myself!
Im studying the 100-105 book by Odom and am currently on the topic of Port security. I purchased a used 2960 and I'm trying to follow a...
While deploying a number of 18xx/2802/3802 model access points (APs), which run AP-COS as their operating platform. It can be observed on some occasions that while many of their access points were able to join the fabric WLC withou...