Replies

Help with a little QoS

gevorkya99
Level 1
Level 1

Have a bit of a dilemma on my hands, let me paint the picture:

I have two offices connected by two bonded point to point T1s

I’m on old 1841 routers with 2 WIC-1DSU-T1V2 cards

Data connection seems to be great, T1s bond and give me whopping 3megs of bandwidth 

Problem comes in when I have two of Adtran MX408e Pseudowire Gateways hooked up to the second Ethernet port on those routers – these gateways provide phone functionality between the two offices as we have a really old phone switch that we have to use(no VoIP).

More info on Adtrans -

http://www.adtran.com/web/page/portal/Adtran/product/1189608L1/255

I’m trying to get some sort of QoS going to reserve some(512 k) of bandwidth for these gateways as if I don’t, when traffic increases or pegs the bandwidth limitation I have with only 3megs, the voice calls get static on the lines and become unbearable at times.

I’m attaching parts of the config for both routers and I hope I implemented the QoS properly.

Please let me know if you have the same scenario or if there’s something you could suggest to fix my issue…or if I made a mistake in what I configured.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

policy-map VOICE

class VOICE

priority 512

class class-default

fair-queue

interface Multilink1
ip address 10.1.2.61 255.255.255.252
ppp multilink
ppp multilink group 1
service-policy output VOICE

tx-ring-limit 2

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

It looks to me you're on the right path.  You might want to add class-default with fair-queue and you also might want to reduce tx-ring-limit on your MLPPP interface.

Could you give me specific commands for what you're suggesting - my QoS experience is novice at best

policy-map VOICE

class VOICE

priority 512

class class-default

fair-queue

interface Multilink1
ip address 10.1.2.61 255.255.255.252
ppp multilink
ppp multilink group 1

tx-ring-limit 2

This needs to be done on both routers i'm assuming?

Also, wanted to make sure that it should be

on both and not input on one...right?

yes and yes

made the changes, it did add an extra command

ip address 10.1.2.62 255.255.255.252
tx-ring-limit 2
tx-queue-limit 2
ppp multilink
ppp multilink group 1

is that ok?