cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Cisco 3560 Switch!!?

raghavbhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

I have to delete all the VLANs and other saved configurations on this Switch and reset it to factory(default) settings. Please help me!! 

What commands I have performed so far : 

1) Write Erase 
2) VTP mode transparent 
3) No VTP Password 
4) Delete flash: Vlandatabase.dat 

After running all these above commands I rebooted the Switch by command - Reload 
and then I ran this command - #Sh vtp status 
But it is showing me - Number of existing VLANs : 27 

I cannot understand how can I delete all the VLANs so that I can get an Output : 0 instead of 27 

Please help me with stepwise commands. Thanks & much appreciated!

4 Replies 4

Hi,

have you verified vlans been deleted or not ?. can you please share output of. sh vlan and sh flash:

Thanks

Hi,

One more thing to add here, if you have connected your switch to your network or another switch and running  VTP it would have learned the VLAN information from there and showing you 27 vlan with increased VTP revision number.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep

Sandeep Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi 

To delete vlans from the switch use " delete vlan.dat" command

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep

Joshua Gilmet
Level 1
Level 1

Please try changing the name of the vtp domain to cisco. After this the revision number should be in the single digits. The number will never be 0 because there are default VLANs 1 and 1001 - 1005 that cannot be removed from the vlan database only disable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card