Views
Helpful
Replies

helper-address command

Hasif VP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

How can I find on which vlans are helper-address command configured? I have many devices to change helper-address.

Thanks !!!                 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rolf Fischer
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

I think the easiest way is a "show running | include ^interface V|helper-address" from CLI.

If you want to use SNMP, the objects in CISCO-IP-IF-MIB::CiiHelperAddressEntry look very interesting.

HTH

Rolf

View solution in original post

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Helper addresses will be on the default gateways of yours subnets so logon to the switch/router which is doing your intervlan routing and look there at the interface configurations.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rolf Fischer
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

I think the easiest way is a "show running | include ^interface V|helper-address" from CLI.

If you want to use SNMP, the objects in CISCO-IP-IF-MIB::CiiHelperAddressEntry look very interesting.

HTH

Rolf

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Helper addresses will be on the default gateways of yours subnets so logon to the switch/router which is doing your intervlan routing and look there at the interface configurations.

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Run "sh ip helper-address". It will show you where it's configured, but you'll still need to get into each svi to change them:

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card