Views
Helpful
Replies

high CPU utilisation on 2960X stack

SOGECAP
Level 1
Level 1

Hello !

i have a lot of switches 2960-X stack in my network, but i downgraded the iOS version (15.0(2)EX4 to 15.0(2)EX3 be cause some bugs are on EX4 with SFP).

Since I downgraded the version, i have a lot of troubles on some switches with a huge amount of CPU utilisation.

One is "normal" and this is the famous one : Hulc LED

but the other one is not "normal" for me :

this line :

190   207178513     1061976     195092  0.00% 31.06% 24.83%   0 Auth Manager

i dont know why on some switches the "Auth Manager" CPU utilisation is too high.

When the CPU is too high, we cannot join the switch, the ping is too high (between 500ms and 2100) and users complaining about network spikes.

So, i dont want to upgrade the iOS to the EX5 (too recent, and i dont know if bug with SPF and CPU are fixed).

About the Auth manager, what could raise this process to high for the CPU ?

(i have some check with nagios and snmpwalk but every 5 min and not every minutes, and nagios works well with EX4, issues appear since EX3)

thank for your help and advice

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

15.2(2)E is the first main-line engineering software for the 2960X.  The "EX" versions you've been using are interim version and not really meant for long-term production network.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try 15.2(2)E.

thx but are you sure if i upgrade to this version all my issues will be fixed ?

15.2(2)E is the first main-line engineering software for the 2960X.  The "EX" versions you've been using are interim version and not really meant for long-term production network.  

hello !

thank a lot for your reply, i didnt know that and i looked for the difference between EX and E :)

we gonna try this, and i hope it's gonna working !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: