Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

High Ping response

Hi,

I came across a scenario where i can see a huge ping response on a single switch port.

I have connected a laptop to that port and simply pinging the getway, the ping is high and low continously. it is not stable. i change the cable i check on different port on the same switch it is working fine. but on this port why it is responding like this have no idea.

i reset the interface and put it to normal access port like others but result is same.

has anyone faced this issue.                  

Please advice.

Regards,

Azeem

4 REPLIES
Silver

High Ping response

Any indications from show interface or show interface counters errors that there is anything wrong? The port is not in half duplex?

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Please rate helpful posts.

Daniel Dib CCIE #37149 Please rate helpful posts.

High Ping response

No. the port is not in half duplex. it is working on 1Gbps full which i checked on connected laptop. but i found too many output drops on the interface. No CRC, no Runts, Giants.

High Ping response

Hi,

have you tried with a different laptop?

I faced a similar problem on 2 new laptop Dell some weeks ago. This seems strange but the problems was from laptop.

Pier

High Ping response

Actually i checked on another port from this laptop it is working fine only this port reply is high

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content