Views
Helpful
Replies

High Ping response

Azeem Dawood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I came across a scenario where i can see a huge ping response on a single switch port.

I have connected a laptop to that port and simply pinging the getway, the ping is high and low continously. it is not stable. i change the cable i check on different port on the same switch it is working fine. but on this port why it is responding like this have no idea.

i reset the interface and put it to normal access port like others but result is same.

has anyone faced this issue.                  

Please advice.

Regards,

Azeem

4 Replies 4

daniel.dib
Level 7
Level 7

Any indications from show interface or show interface counters errors that there is anything wrong? The port is not in half duplex?

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Please rate helpful posts.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Please rate helpful posts.

No. the port is not in half duplex. it is working on 1Gbps full which i checked on connected laptop. but i found too many output drops on the interface. No CRC, no Runts, Giants.

Hi,

have you tried with a different laptop?

I faced a similar problem on 2 new laptop Dell some weeks ago. This seems strange but the problems was from laptop.

Pier

Actually i checked on another port from this laptop it is working fine only this port reply is high

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card