Views
Helpful
Replies

High TCP Ack time

raviragmail
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Due to High TCP Ack time which i have observed from Packet sniffer i am unable to Download files using wifi, while connecting to a access switch on same network works fine, from where i can reduce the TCP slowness in my network.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello.

If you are using a packet sniffer, can you tell me what is the application and port used when you try to open an application.

There are some application that are not designed to operate under wireless system.

Waiting your anwer.

Roger

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello.

If you are using a packet sniffer, can you tell me what is the application and port used when you try to open an application.

There are some application that are not designed to operate under wireless system.

Waiting your anwer.

Roger

Hello Roger

the problem was sorted it was due to a bug in the ASA image , i have upgraded the Image and the problem get sorted ,thanks for your interest.

dixho
Level 6
Level 6

let me understand the problem. The round trip time when you are on wireless is high; so that you get low performance. If this is the case, try to enable TCP windows scaling RFC 1323. By default, the TCP windows size is 64K (binary K) bytes. The TCP sender can send half of the TCP window size at a time. If you enable RFC1323, the send MAY able to increase the TCP window size. Thus, the sender does not have to wait for a TCP ack from the receiver.

Hi

the problem was sorted it was due to a bug in the ASA image , i have upgraded the Image and the problem get sorted ,thanks for your interest.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card