cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how can i assign ip address to Vlans on SF302-08P?

pmy642222
Level 1
Level 1

at first, i'm  working in communication team in Korea and can't write Eng well.

pl understand my words.

I've used SF302-08P as L2 switch and should make simple network. so I need to make vlans on the switch.

Also assign ip address on every Vlan.

I typed

"Int vlan 10

ip address 192.168.1.100 255....

Int vlan 20

ip address 192.168.2.100 255..."

and then

I checked running-config

but it showed

"!
interface vlan 10
 no ip address dhcp
!
interface vlan 20
 ip address 192.168.2.100 255.255.255.0"

whenever I assigned ip address on second vlan, a vlan's address that i wrote was gone.

what should i do??

3 Replies 3

Jan Hrnko
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm not quite sure as I don't have experience with SF302-08P, but I'm afraid that you have to enable L3 functions on the switch in order to work with multiple vlan interfaces (so called SVIs). In L2 mode, you're able to use (and it seems that also specify) only one virtual interface with IP address (so called management interface) that does not have any function besides allowing you to access the switch via vty.

If you're going to change the operation mode, please, make sure that you have a backup of your configuration file as I believe that changing operation mode from L2 to L3 will erase the configuration and also that the device will reboot itself in the process.

Best regards,
Jan

hi, jan.

I'd like to appreciate ur answer.

u'r right. after change system mode as l3, it was possible to assign twos addessses to vlans.

but although the system was changed as l3, I can't make dynamic routing, but only static routing.

perhaps this switch can support l2's functions.

anyway, Thanks, Jan.

Hi,

Thank you very much. According to the documentation, dynamic routing is not available, however, you should be able to make use of static routing and in your case also SVIs (multiple VLAN interfaces) which are useful for inter-vlan routing. Have you tried that? Anyway, I saw that you've opened a new thread so I replied there as well. 

You're welcome, have a nice day.

Best regards,
Jan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card