cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how can I configure two vlans to be on the same subnet (cat3750)

I am in the process of planning an upgrade to one of our factories,the problem is the old switches cat 3524s have vlan 1 as their management vlan, and the new 3750s will have vlan 51 as the management vlan, with the same IP subnet, during the cutover I will have both old and new switches on the network

how can I bridge the 2 vlans so I can access both sets of switches, I have been looking at some of the bridging commands, but cannot get it to work,

I have tried

bridge 1 protocol vlan-bridge

int vlan 1

bridge-group 1

int vlan51

ip address 192.168.51.252 255.255.255.0

bridge-group 1

Also tried

bridge irb

bridge 1 route IP

and put the ip address on

the BVI interface

any body done this

4 Replies 4

Gadu-Gadu
Level 1
Level 1

there is no support for ip bridging.. try to type into google.com "cisco 3750 vlan brdige fallback briding" or something like that :)

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The question is was the old 3524's trunked before ? If not then you don't have to change anything just hook it up to the new vlan . If it was trunked then you will have to create a new SVI on your 3524's for vlan 51 with the address on it and shut the vlan1 management interface down . You would have to create a layer 2 vlan for 51 also.

yes there is trunking, as I have a number of vlans, I was hoping I could do some sort of bridging so that I would not have to do any changes, because I also Have APs running their Management/native vlan on 1 so need to do changes there as well...

I have fixed my problem by extending vlans 1 and 51 to the site 3845 router and enabling bridging on the 3845

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: