Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How can i connect between WS−G5484 1000BASE−SX and GLC-LH-SMD ?

Dear experts,

My customer has 6509 A-side and B-side core switches and need to migrate only 6509 B-side to Nexus.

I have some question below.

1. Customer's 6509A-side has multiple WS−G5484 1000BASE−SX and WS−G5486 1000BASE−LX links and it is connected to 6509B-side.

But customer bought only GLC-LH-SMD for Nexus migration of 6509B-side.

I understood BLC-LH-SMD doesn't support SX type, so I am worndering how i can connect between 2 different module ?

Or should i have GLC-SX-MMD for WS−G5484 1000BASE−SX links ?

2. Current Rack has LC type patch pannel from B-side to Rack A side.

But new Nexus A-side rack is located at different row and between these rack, there is only sc-type patch pannel.

So If i want to connect from LC-type to Sc-type patch pannel, how can i connect ? do i have to use SC-LC converter ?

3. Old 6509 links use many MMF cable, and new Nexus use SMF.

Between same LX/LH links, if a side use MMF and another side use SMF, how can i connect each other ?

Again new Nexus A-side rack is located at different row and between these rack, there is only sc-type patch pannel.

Please let me know in detail, Thanks in advance, I really appreciate for your help.

Jason.

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

G5484 is compatible with GLC

G5484 is compatible with GLC-SX-MMD, G5486 is compatible with GLC-LH-SMD and not vice versa. 

Hi Leo, Thanks of your reply.

Hi Leo,

Thanks of your reply.

Dear Experts,

I seek your expert's advice for another question urgently.

Please make you time and share your experiecce.

Thanks.

Jason

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content