cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I get the 3550-12 to show more info with sh run

kgfall2004
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There...There is a way to get the sh run on the 3550 to show the vlan 1,1002-1005 information using the sh run command and for the likes of me I can't remember what the command is. Does anyone know what it is?

6 Replies 6

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

show run displays the entire config. There is probably another command you are thinking of. Here's a couple:

show vlan

show interface status

show ip interface brief

I guess i didn't make my question very clear, there is some setting you can set on the 3550-12 and on the 4948 so that when someone does a sh run they get more information without resorting to other commands, this is good for copy and paste configs. The sh run normally doesn't show how VLAN1 and other VLAns are setup but there is a way to get them to show this along with the normal sh run stuff...

!

vlan 1

tb-vlan1 1002

tb-vlan2 1003

vlan 1002

tb-vlan1 1

tb-vlan2 1003

and so on, this is useful if you want to save the configs for future reference.

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

What exactly you are looking for. What kind of vlan information in show run.

You can use " Show vlan " command to check the vlan information and respective port in that vlan.

You cannot have vlan 1002-1005 vlans dispalyed in show run. they are the default vlans and you can check only in " show vlan "

If you are looking for some vlan interface outputs. You can use " show interface vlan 1" command.

Please find the link below of 3550 command refrence and check for any particular command if you are looking for :

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c3550/12225see/cr/index.htm

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Hi there..Sorry to disagree with you but yes you can have the vlans displayed, please see my reply above, we have our exisitng vlans showing up in the sh run command but there was some setting to do this and I can't remember it, its been a while since I set a 3550-12 up. Note only basic vlan info will be displayed...

Hi,

Usually changing the VTP mode to "transparent" makes your vlans and vtp config visible in the running-config.

Hope it helps!

Ramin

Hi There...Bingo, changing the vtp mode to transparent did the trick, thank-you!!! Now I can see the vlan info. Much appreciated!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: