cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you get around 2 span session limitations?

singh.andy
Level 1
Level 1

aside from doing in-line taps, i'm curious to see what people are doing to get around 2 session limit. I have need to monitor multiple source vlans and it's over-subscribing the destination port. also using vlan and physical interfaces as a source in a single session  is not allowed so i use the 2nd session for physical interfaces.... i only have 2 session to play with..what are some are the other workaround etc.

TIA

3 Replies 3

Jayakrishna Mada
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

If its 6500 you can use VACL captures. There is no workaround that I know of if its any other plaforms.

JayaKrishna

Thanks

JayaKrishna..yes this is on a 6509...also anyone using RSPAN etc to get more sessions..i'd be interested in design alternatives...thanks

I'm pretty sure RSPAN uses up one of your sessions so it isn't a great alternative, but depending upon the scenario the VACL is a really good alternative.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk814/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808122ac.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card