Views
Helpful
Replies

How many Cisco 3850 mix models can be stacked together

Asifkhan86
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to stack 6 x 3850 mix models, is this possible. I have gone through the data sheet and it says i can stack 9 regardless of whether its is 12/24/48 ports or fiber/copper/POE or any modules.

So can i stack 3 x Cisco 3850-T  and 3 x Cisco 3850-XS models together, or there any limitations while using mixed models with Cisco 3850, cause there is while stacking mix modules with Cisco 2960, the max number that can be stacked in mix models is 4 for 2960.

Regards,

Asif Khan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Asifkhan86 wrote:

then i can stack more than 4 in 3850 even if the models are different 

You can stack up to 9 x 3850 switches in a stack.  Each switch must be running the same IOS version.

You can't stack a 3650 to a 3850 (and vice versa).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depends on the version running.  3.2.X and earlier only limits to 4 members in a stack.  Later versions increases the number to 9.  

Hi Leo,

Thank, so if the IOS XE version is newer version, then i can stack more than 4 in 3850 even if the models are different...Correct.

Yes, although cannot say for 3850, but on prior 3750 some reported issues with a large/max number of units in a stack. Leo might be able to comment on that too.

@Asifkhan86 wrote:

then i can stack more than 4 in 3850 even if the models are different 

You can stack up to 9 x 3850 switches in a stack.  Each switch must be running the same IOS version.

You can't stack a 3650 to a 3850 (and vice versa).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card