Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to avoid "garbage" characters when saving running config into editor such as putty, hyperterm?

Hi folks, sometimes I use putty.exe or MS hyperterminal to save running config and I get some control characters like the ones below. What is the best way to avoid this? It is annoying and counter productive to edit this manually in case I have to roll back the config quickly. Thanks.

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= PuTTY log 2009.12.12 18:02:03 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

switch#
show       run
Building configuration...

Note:I noted that when I posted the symbols I referred to as 'garbage' into this thread, they remained unvisible. :-)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: How to avoid "garbage" characters when saving running config

Do you mean the character when you hit SPACE to advanced to the next part of the config while you are logging everything to a text file? If yes, you can do following in enable mode

term len 0

sh run

term len 24

Regards,

jerry

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Do you mean the character when you hit SPACE to advanced to the next part of the config while you are logging everything to a text file? If yes, you can do following in enable mode

term len 0

sh run

term len 24

Regards,

jerry

Try configure printable output option while saving some logs via putty.

Banner will come when ever you save any output but the garbage symbols will get off with this option !!

Hope this helps to some extent for your query !!

Regards

Ganesh.H

Views
Helpful
Replies