Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

how to block a vlan

Please a need your help..!!!...the situation is like this...I have 4 vlan and all has conectivity/access with all (VLAN10,VLAN20,VLAN30 and VLAN40, I use a 3560 Switch for this propose, I need to modificate one vlan (VLAN40) that has access to the rest of the VLAN's BUT the rest of the VLAN's dont have access to VLAN40. I know that it is a problem of access-list BUT I can't undertand how to obtain the result that I like, please help me. Thanks.

David Chavarria M.

Everyone's tags (2)
1 REPLY
Gold

Re: how to block a vlan

Hi there,

the need you stated above, sounds to me like you want "VLAN 40" to be able to initiate connections to other vlans and be able to get a response from them, but other VLANs shouldnt be able to initiate a connection towards VLAN40.

if this is the case you could either configure Reflexive Access Lists, or standard/extended permit ACLs with established keyword, you can find detailed explanation in the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/security/configuration/guide/scfreflx.html

Hope it Helps,

Soroush.

Hope it Helps, Soroush.
Views
Helpful
Replies