Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to check invalid packet on switch 6500?

I found this log on Switch 6500 at below.

%EARL_L3_ASIC-SP-3-INTR_WARN: EARL L3 ASIC: Non-fatal interrupt Packet Parser block interrupt

I search from cisco.com  for workaround this issue. I need to know cause about MLS log. Please tell me know, how to check invalid packet with this issue?

Why web tell used no mls 3 command for diable log?

Amnaj P.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to check invalid packet on switch 6500?

Hi,

Found some description about this error logs in Cisco site,

"Apr 20 17:53:38: %EARL_L3_ASIC-SP-3-INTR_WARN: EARL L3 ASIC:

Non-fatal interrupt Packet Parser block interrupt"

The error message %EARL_L3_ASIC-SP-3-INTR_WARN indicates that the Enhanced Address Recognition Logic (EARL)
Layer 3 (L3) application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) detected an unexpected non-fatal condition.
This indicates that a bad packet, probably a packet which contains a Layer 3 IP checksum error, was received
and dropped. The cause of the issue is a device on the network that sends out bad packets. These issues,
among others, can cause the bad packets: Bad NICs; Bad NIC drivers; Bad applications

In older Cisco IOS Software releases, these packets are normally dropped without being logged.
The feature of logging error messages about this problem is a feature found in Cisco IOS Software
Release 12.2SX and later.

Workaround; please click: "http://www.ciscopress.info/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00801b42bf.shtml"

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
ThiyaguVG.

Message was edited by: Thiyagu Muthukumar Ganesan

1 REPLY

Re: How to check invalid packet on switch 6500?

Hi,

Found some description about this error logs in Cisco site,

"Apr 20 17:53:38: %EARL_L3_ASIC-SP-3-INTR_WARN: EARL L3 ASIC:

Non-fatal interrupt Packet Parser block interrupt"

The error message %EARL_L3_ASIC-SP-3-INTR_WARN indicates that the Enhanced Address Recognition Logic (EARL)
Layer 3 (L3) application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) detected an unexpected non-fatal condition.
This indicates that a bad packet, probably a packet which contains a Layer 3 IP checksum error, was received
and dropped. The cause of the issue is a device on the network that sends out bad packets. These issues,
among others, can cause the bad packets: Bad NICs; Bad NIC drivers; Bad applications

In older Cisco IOS Software releases, these packets are normally dropped without being logged.
The feature of logging error messages about this problem is a feature found in Cisco IOS Software
Release 12.2SX and later.

Workaround; please click: "http://www.ciscopress.info/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00801b42bf.shtml"

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
ThiyaguVG.

Message was edited by: Thiyagu Muthukumar Ganesan

Views
Helpful
Replies