Views
Helpful
Replies

How to classify traffic in CBWFQ?

souagarw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is it possible to classify traffic based on specific attributes of routes learned by BGP through CBWFQ?

I think answer is No as there is no option available under class-map to match traffic based on BGP attributes.

Also, we can match prefix with BGP attributes using route-map, however route-map can't be called under class-map.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything here or if there is a way to achieve this.

Regards

Sourabh

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Sourabh,

we have already talked about this.

Just another thought:

if you could do PBR with a route-map based on route tags and as action setting a qos-group you could on the outgoing interface use traffic classes that use qos-groups to define traffic.

However, I don't think that a route-map used for PBR allows to match on the route-tag.

This is something that should be tested

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

How about using 'QoS Policy Propagation via Border Gateway Protocol' to classify packets by IP precedence based on BGP community lists, BGP autonomous system paths, and access lists?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/qos/configuration/guide/qcfprop_ps1835_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1002592

Regards

Sourabh

Hello Sourabh,

I did some tests on this many years ago.

It worked if I remember correctly.

If applicable to your scenario it can be used.

It allows to mark traffic based on BGP communities.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card