cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure a cisco 2940 switch to work with cisco 1841 router?

danielnitoi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody. I am new on this forum, i browsed theese pages for a couple of days but i cannot find a solution to my problem.

I'm a beginner in this domain and i will try to explain what i want to do as clearly as possible:

I have a Cisco 2940 switch and a Cisco 1841 router. I want to build two different VLAN networks on the switch, which do not have to communicate one with each other, but those VLANS should communicate with the router.

I read a lot of articles, i tried to configure properly the switch and the router but i still don't get them work.

I set on the switch, the GigabitEthernet 0/1 port to Trunk port and i had to set it a native VLAN. The problem is that only from that native VLAN, i can ping the router.

I'm not sure i understood how theese devices work... Please help.

Thanks

17 Replies 17

My webserver runs on port 85. I made that NAT entry on my fast0/1.1 subinterface and now it works just fine. However i still have one little problem. When i try to ping from LAN the outside WAN (an ip address), it doesn't work. Works only the ping to the outside interface (fast0/0). What i am missing? How to use access-lists?Do i need them?

1.do you mean ping  89.x.x.x  (interface ip) works and

ping  89.x.x.x(interface ip)source f0/0.1 does not? or are you tring to ping ISP next hop.

please make sure you have f0/0.1 up/up when you are trying to ping local WAN ip.

2. is internet working ?

please paste output of

sh run | in ip nat

Sorry .Mistyped.I meant  please make sure you have f0/1.1 up/up when you are trying to ping local WAN ip

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card