Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Employee

How to configure catylst 2960?

Hi, All:

I'm trying to capture packets running between router1 and router2. I used a catylst 2960 to connect to router1 and router2, and use another port to connect to my laptop ethernet port.
What should I configure in order to see all the traffic between router1 and router2 on my laptop?

I tried with ping from router1 to router2, but I guess the packets just go directly to router2, and my laptop does not capture anything.

Do I need to configure anything on the cat2960 switch for the 3 ports in order for the packets to flood over each port that my laptop can capture all the packets?

Thanks!

1 REPLY

Re: How to configure catylst 2960?

Hi,

You can configure Local SPAN in your 2950 switch  and install ethereal or wireshark in your laptop.Then you can capture  the traffic between router 1 and router2.

sample  configuration:

C2950(config)#
C2950(config)#monitor session 1 source interface fastethernet 0/2 (you  can add more interfaces)
C2950(config)#monitor session 1 destination interface fastethernet 0/3  (your laptop should connect this port)

For  more informatiom just have a look ino the below URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015c612.shtml

Regards

Karuppu

Views
Helpful
Replies