Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Configure QoS, MSTP, and Trunk on Dell 6248 switch

aminulnt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We just purchased Dell Power connect 6248.Beore we had Cisco 4507R switch as core switch and connected to Cisco 3560 in many floor. Now we are going to install and configure 6248 switch as a replacement for of Cisco 4507R switch. This 6248 switch will be connected to Cisco 3560 switch. We have Cisco ip phone and VoIP for communication other remote office .Can any one tell me how do I configure QoS, MSTP, and Trunk on Dell 6248 switch  like which we did in Cisco 4507R. Would be appreciated if you send me a sample configuration for 6248 switch about QoS, MSTP ,Trunk .Should I have to change anything in Cisco 3560 switch Please have a look attachment for our existing configuration.

Regards

Aminul

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

aminulnt wrote:

Hi

We just purchased Dell Power connect 6248.Beore we had Cisco 4507R switch as core switch and connected to Cisco 3560 in many floor. Now we are going to install and configure 6248 switch as a replacement for of Cisco 4507R switch. This 6248 switch will be connected to Cisco 3560 switch. We have Cisco ip phone and VoIP for communication other remote office .Can any one tell me how do I configure QoS, MSTP, and Trunk on Dell 6248 switch  like which we did in Cisco 4507R. Would be appreciated if you send me a sample configuration for 6248 switch about QoS, MSTP ,Trunk .Should I have to change anything in Cisco 3560 switch Please have a look attachment for our existing configuration.

Regards

Aminul

Aminul

Hmmm, you do know this a Cisco support forum don't you

If you want to configure a Dell switch then perhaps the Dell website would be the place to look ? Attached is a link for the configuration document for your Dell switch -

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/network/PC62xx/en/UG/HTML/configub.htm

Jon

Hi Jon

Thanks for your information. I know very well I have to look Dell website for this explanation and I did it but unfortunately didn’t get the right answer. Anyway thanks again for your support.

Aminul

aminulnt wrote:

Hi Jon

Thanks for your information. I know very well I have to look Dell website for this explanation and I did it but unfortunately didn’t get the right answer. Anyway thanks again for your support.

Aminul

Aminul

Sorry, not offense was intended. I don't work for Cisco but one thing to bear in mind is that Cisco have configuration docs and examples, TAC + this support community and i think that should always be taken into account when changing vendors.

Again, no offense intended.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card