Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure VRF-Lite on Cisco 4500-X

Hi,

I've got two cisco 4500-X that I use in VSS mode. I'm trying to configure VRF-Lite but when I enter "ip vrf VRF1" in conf term mode, I get this :

"% Feature is no supported"

Does anyone have a solution ?

Thank you !

P.S. my IOS version is 3.04.04.SG ipbase

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rolf Fischer
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

I guess you'll need the Enterprise Services image.

Link: Release Notes for the Catalyst 4500X Switch, Cisco IOS XE 3.4.xSG

"The Enterprise Services image supports all Cisco Catalyst 4500-X Series software features based on Cisco IOS Software, including enhanced routing.

(...)

The IP Base image does not support enhanced routing features such as BGP, Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS), Internetwork Packet Exchange (IPX), AppleTalk, Virtual Routing Forwarding (VRF-lite), and policy-based routing (PBR)."

HTH

Rolf

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rolf Fischer
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

I guess you'll need the Enterprise Services image.

Link: Release Notes for the Catalyst 4500X Switch, Cisco IOS XE 3.4.xSG

"The Enterprise Services image supports all Cisco Catalyst 4500-X Series software features based on Cisco IOS Software, including enhanced routing.

(...)

The IP Base image does not support enhanced routing features such as BGP, Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS), Internetwork Packet Exchange (IPX), AppleTalk, Virtual Routing Forwarding (VRF-lite), and policy-based routing (PBR)."

HTH

Rolf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card