cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to connect vlan to wan with cisco 871

jmiedema1
Level 1
Level 1

i bought a cisco 871 router i had my vlan connected to wan but i lost connection with a certain nat command

i cant reestablish the routing

cisco 871

vlan router ip 10.10.10.1 no dhcp computer 10.10.10.2 with

dns servers from the internet provider gateway 10.0.0.138 adsl modem

router ip on wan is 10.0.0.10

i just want to interet for a start

i route fastethernet4 (wanport) to 0.0.0.0 submask 0.0.0.0 but nothing happens

??

jil

22 Replies 22

You should be hitting the Cisco router w/ SDM by using its internal IP (LAN IP).

__

Edison.

but i make connection via the wan

Ah, you are managing the router via remote, got you.

You can change the http port from 80 to another number and manage SDM from this new port number.

The command is ip http port [value]

HTH,

__

Edison.

/w ?

understand the command is to log in from wan

to host cccc with port bbbb

ip nat inside source static tcp cccc bbbb interface FastEthernet4 bbbb

but the logic of cisco fails me.

in sdm i have to fill in translating from adres the host on the inside , but i make the call from outside wan.

the command sentence also speaks of source adres but my logic says the source adres is that of the host that trys to make connection with the inside adres.

what do i miss ?

I'm sorry, can you explain your confusion one more time? I didn't understand the message.

__

Edison.

ip nat inside source static tcp cccc bbbb interface FastEthernet4 bbbb

this is the command which works to let an host from wan(=outside) = fastethernet4 to remote desktop on port bbbb on a hostserver cccc on the vlan(=inside).

but the command names the inside adres as source(=originating) but it is a host on the wan which want to connect to the inside host

in the sdm screen the original adres is cccc, the thranslated adres the ipadres of the cisco router on the ethernet4 interface.

so in my logic the source adres or originating adres is the ip adres of the wan host because he wants to communicate with the server.

so ehy is the original inside adres the source adres.

next problem

i have an public ip adres aaaa , then an adslmodem with inside adres ccc138 the fa4 of the cisco is connected to it with ip cccc01.

can i make acces rules with public ip adresses on the outside lan ccc0 of my cisco router because he sees only the gateway ccc138.

should i pass the public ip adres to my cisco router through the adslmodem to make acces lists on basis of public ip adresses of hosts i want to allow ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card