Views
Helpful
Replies

how to copy cisco IOS using concole ?

BGP65111
Level 1
Level 1

dears,

i have 2811 router and i am coneccted via concole so i want to copy the 2811 ios to my PC

is that possible?

if yes please give told me how or give my the right decument to do this.

* idon't want to use TFTP becuse i have no ethernet connection to the router(only concole)

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Download a TFTP server to your PC.

Connect your PC to one of the Ethernet ports on the router.

Go to the network property of the NIC for your PC and configure a an IP address.  You can use 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0

open the TFTP server

Then login to the route via console and configure the Ethernet port with ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

ping the TFTP server from the router ping 192.168.1.2

Ping the router from your PC 192.168.1.2

if it looks good, from the router copy flash: tftp and follow the instruction from there

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sultan,

You can only copy the IOS from the router to your PC by using TFTP or FTP and not console port.  in order to do that you need to use an Ethernet interface on your router and connect it to your PC.  The 2811 comes with 2 10/100 Ethernet ports.

HTH

can you give me procedure or process to do this ?

thanks

Download a TFTP server to your PC.

Connect your PC to one of the Ethernet ports on the router.

Go to the network property of the NIC for your PC and configure a an IP address.  You can use 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0

open the TFTP server

Then login to the route via console and configure the Ethernet port with ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

ping the TFTP server from the router ping 192.168.1.2

Ping the router from your PC 192.168.1.2

if it looks good, from the router copy flash: tftp and follow the instruction from there

HTH

Dear Reza sharifi,

thanks alot brother it's working now .

Glad to help.  Please rate and mark the discussion as answered, so others can benefit from it

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card