Views
Helpful
Replies

How to delete a nat pool being in use?

guominquan
Level 1
Level 1

HI

A nat pool being in use,when I want to delete it using "no ip nat pool ****",It said:"nat pool in use,can't destroy it".

how to delete it?

Minquan

Regards!

3 Replies 3

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

There are a number of ways in you can do this. The following document sums them up:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094422.shtml

Paresh.

PS. Pls do remember to rate posts

cnnarookie
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to fix it up just by replacing the range with the right one (for example: global config# ip nat pool XXXXX (new ip range) (new ip range) netmask (your netmask). this was on a 1841 router with version 12.3, the other solutions suggested did not work for me, even pasting the script. And cancelling the translastions on all interfaces seemed like a lot work. Hope this helps.  (edited a typo)

Hello

Clear ip nat translations forced should then allow you to delete the pool, Or you could just disable nat in the interfaces then delete the pool?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card