Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find out info about OSPF

dan_track
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Last night the link between two of our routers was done for a while, the link is a 100mbit leased line. Strangely no logs were commited from the router to highlight this problem, e.g that the line protocol is down, could someone point out a reason why? The log entry config on the router is:

logging history debugging

logging facility local5

logging 192.168.2.14

My other question is related to this downed link. I have OSPF and RIP running between the two routers. Is there a way for me to find out information about how long the adhjacency has been formed, thereby getting an idea as to when the link came up? Is it also possible to tell when this relationship broke?

Thanks in advance

Dan

3 Replies 3

sourabhagarwal
Level 4
Level 4

have you enabled SNMP trap to trap link status of interfaces? if not, then whenever link goes up/down, message will not be recorded in log buffer.

you can configure "log-adjacency-changes" command under OSPF process. whenver OSPF neighbor goes down, it will generate a log which will be stored in the log buffer as when OSPF neighbor went down and when it came up.

hope it helps ...

Hi,

To check neibour uptime use:

"show ip ospf neighbor detail"

No neibours for RIP.

Cheers

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't see logging buffered configured so nothing would show up in the log . If a line goes down it will show in the logs if logging buffered is configured. enter "logging buffered informational" .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card