Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find out which routes are coming from which eigrp neighbour

dan_track
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Can you please tell me a command to find out which routes are being advertised by a neighbour?

Thanks

Dan

4 Replies 4

ktwaddell
Level 1
Level 1

Dan

Are you asking for a command that ONLY shows routes from a certain neighbour? if so then I know of no command, and I just dump in a excel sheet and filter out everything else.

or

Are you asking to which neighbour a packet will go when being routed? if so the simple

sh ip route x.x.x.x

will show that.

hope this helps

Kev

mmuruges
Level 1
Level 1

Basically it depends on the routing protocol that is used.

For example, it will be "Router#show ip ospf neighbour", if it has configured with OSPF.

The "show ip ospf neighbor" command is just going go show you information about your neighbors such as the IP address of the neighbor etc. If you type "show ip route" look for where it says VIA.

For Example

192.168.10.0 via 192.168.20.1 Which means the 192.168.10.0 network was learned from 192.168.20.1. If yo have multiple networks which which advertised from 20.1 you can also see those.

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dan,

It depends of the routing protocol:

RIP:

debug ip rip

EIGRP:

- debug ip EIGRP but you need to clear the session

- sh ip eigrp topology

OSPF:

You need to check per LSA type:

sh ip ospf database adv-router

BGP:

If you want to know all the prefixes you received before your inbound filtering policy filters them, you need the soft-configuration inbound feature:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_1/iproute/command/reference/1rdbgp.html#wp1020388

The use the show ip bgp neighbor x.x.x.x received-route command

I've just notice the title focus on EIGRP only ;-) but didn't want to remove all I wrote in case it may help others.

Laurent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: