Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to mass change SSH/Console passwords with Prime

I have a customer that has several hundred cisco devices (switches/routers) that they would like to update all the passwords on.  They currently have all their devices configured in Cisco Prime.  Is there a way to push out new passwords via Prime without having to manually log into each device?

I googled it and was unable to find a cisco document describing this process with Prime.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Which "Prime" product and version please?

In Prime LMS version 4.x, the procedure is done using a netconfig job and is documented here. You can use one of the pre-built templates around this sort of task or create your own to suit if they don't quite fit.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Which "Prime" product and version please?

In Prime LMS version 4.x, the procedure is done using a netconfig job and is documented here. You can use one of the pre-built templates around this sort of task or create your own to suit if they don't quite fit.

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for the link.  My customer is currenlty using LMS 4.2.1.  I will review the document in the link and give it a go on a couple test switches.  Appreciate the help!

Views
Helpful
Replies