Views
Helpful
Replies

How to monitor debug on telnet session

dan_track
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've telnetted onto my switch and I've issued the command "debug ip eigrp summary" and then ran "term mon" but I'm not getting any messages. Any ideas as to why this would happen? or how to resolve it?

Thanks

Dan

3 Replies 3

Pravin Phadte
Level 5
Level 5

did u try to clear ip eigrp and check if you get any output

also try this command.

logging event link-status

Dan

There are a couple of thoughts that might explain your issue:

- since debug ip eigrp summary will show summary route processing, is there something that would cause summary route processing after you turned on debug? I would expect this debug to be very low volume.

- if there is something that should have generated output and you are not seeing the output while term mon has been issued, then the thing to look for is whether someone has configured logging monitor for a severity level that excludes debug. The easy way to check that is to do show log and to look in the lines in the beginning of the display. This will show the various logging destinations (including monitor) and will have the severity level.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card