Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

How to monitoring TCAM usage on 3750E?

Hi team,

I need a help.

I had a lot of problems with TCAM table in the past and made changes in SDM ended whit that. But now want to be proactive and anticipate the problems in my TCAM table.

Ie: If the my template is "default desktop" they support a number of indirect IPv4 routes of 2k. I wanna know automatically by my management tools if this number reaches 1.9k.

That way I can take corrective actions before the problems starts on my network. So my drama is:

How to monitoring TCAM usage on 3750E? Is possible to enable traps? I found this MIB ciscoSwitchHardwareCapacityMIB. It will work?

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en&translate=Translate&objectInput=1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.663

PS: All my WS-C3750E-24TD have the following IOSs Version 12.2(52)SE2 and Version 12.2(44)SE2

Tks

Bulgarelli

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I do not know if there is a SNMP object available for the TCAM monitoring (I am not saying it does not exist, neither). What can be used is the show platform tcam utilization that could help you see if any feature in the TCAM is close to the available limit.

Best regards,

Peter

Cisco Employee

Hi Bulgrelli,

CISCO-MAC-NOTIFICATION MIB should do the trick (OID cmnUtilizationUtilization 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.215.1.4.5.1.2)

the trap to use is

- cmnMacThresholdExceedNotif:

This notification is generated when cmnUtilizationUtilization exceeds or equals to the

cmnMACThresholdLimit for a given entPhysicalIndex.

before doing the snmpwalk configure

"mac address-table notification threshold" CLI on global config mode

Riccardo

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I do not know if there is a SNMP object available for the TCAM monitoring (I am not saying it does not exist, neither). What can be used is the show platform tcam utilization that could help you see if any feature in the TCAM is close to the available limit.

Best regards,

Peter

Community Member

Hi Peter!

I Know the command show platform tcam utilization. I used it a lot.

But now want to be proactive and anticipate the problems in my TCAM table. So I need to use somenthing like traps or SNMP management.

Thanks,

Bulgarelli

Cisco Employee

Hi Bulgrelli,

CISCO-MAC-NOTIFICATION MIB should do the trick (OID cmnUtilizationUtilization 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.215.1.4.5.1.2)

the trap to use is

- cmnMacThresholdExceedNotif:

This notification is generated when cmnUtilizationUtilization exceeds or equals to the

cmnMACThresholdLimit for a given entPhysicalIndex.

before doing the snmpwalk configure

"mac address-table notification threshold" CLI on global config mode

Riccardo

Community Member

Hi Riccardo.

It seems to solve part of the problem because only the number of unicast mac addresses will be verify.

Thanks!

Bulgarelli

Cisco Employee

Hi Bulgarelli,

yes indeed that OID can only monitor unicast mac address but as far as I know this is the only thing you can check via SNMP (as far as TCAM is concerned).

Riccardo

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content