Views
Helpful
Replies

How to paste ? into the config line on a router

RonaldNutter
Level 1
Level 1

I need to paste a line like the following into my router -

add https://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/ipv4_end.php?tid=TUNNELIDPASSWORD@ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/ipv4_end.php?tid=TUNNELID

The problem is at the ?.  I have tried several different ways of getting it pasted in but so far no go.

Any suggestions ?

Ron

4 Replies 4

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ron,

I am not sure about "pasting" the entire URL and frankly, I do not believe it is possible. However, if you have the option of typing the URL manually, you can enter the question mark character '?' by first pressing the key combination , then releasing it and writing the '?' sign. The combination removes the special meaning of the '?' character, and it will be accepted simply as a letter, not as a help invocation.

Alternatively, you could paste the URL in two parts - up to the '?' character, then write the , and then paste the rest.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I sent you a PM. can you please check when you can?

Regards,

Kishore

ebarticel
Level 4
Level 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I need to paste a line like the following into my router -

add https://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/ipv4_end.php?tid=TUNNELIDPASSWORD@ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/ipv4_end.php?tid=TUNNELIDPASSWORD@ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/ipv4_end.php?tid=TUNNELIDPASSWORD@ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/ipv4_end.php?tid=TUNNELID

The problem is at the ?.  I have tried several different ways of getting it pasted in but so far no go.

Try this ...

1.  SAVE the line you want entered in a notepad, let say we'll call it "baddabing.txt".

2.  Enable TFTP and point the default folder to the directory where the file baddabing.txt is located.

3.  Use the following command in the router:  copy tftp:///baddabing.txt run

Hope that helps.  Works for me all the time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: