Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to perform MQC on Cisco 3560 ?

I want to perform MQC on Catalyst 3560 manually without AutoQoS.

It's possible to do that according to the needs of my custom network.

My custom have data, voip and video applications traversing my layer 2 switch.

Thanks for your response.

Joseph

2 REPLIES

Re: How to perform MQC on Cisco 3560 ?

Everything you need to know and how to configure can be found in the SRND for QoS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/QoS_SRND/QoS-SRND-Book.html

Hope that helps

Super Bronze

Re: How to perform MQC on Cisco 3560 ?

It is possible to manually configure QoS on 3560 switches, but their QoS capabilities aren't as feature rich as most Cisco routers.

On Cisco's web site, you'll find both a configuration guide and reference guide for your installed software. You'll want to look at the chapters about QoS.

PS:

I fear you find the above mentioned references very difficult if you're not almost expert level with QoS concepts (Collin's reference would help with concepts). I believe it's possible to modify AutoQoS after it has been applied. So, you might want to start with AutoQoS, and if it isn't doing what you want, modify it using the QoS reference manuals for reference. This might work better for you than trying to define QoS from scratch. (You can also use the AutoQoS as a working model to see how 3560 QoS features can be used.)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content