Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

how to recovery the username and password for cisco2951 router?

Need help here,, forgot to remove the one time username and password , and now I can not log into the router anymore. I try to do the password recovery . But I failed , because I can not get ino the rommon mode.. ctrl + break, is not working.

I tried securtCRT and Putty, same ... someone can help me with it?

thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: how to recovery the username and password for cisco2951 rout

Need help here,, forgot to remove the one time username and password , and now I can not log into the router anymore. I try to do the password recovery . But I failed , because I can not get ino the rommon mode.. ctrl + break, is not working.

thanks a lot!

Hi,

Check out the below link for password recovery porcedure

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_password_recovery09186a0080094675.shtml

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

3 REPLIES

thanks a lot!

Hi,

Check out the below link for password recovery porcedure

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_password_recovery09186a0080094675.shtml

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Do not post linsk with /partner/ in it.

Most people will not be able to access them.

rubberheart wrote:

thanks a lot!

I've seen an issue like this with some types of USB-to-Serial adapters (specifically Belkin ones).  I chalked the problem up to a driver issue but was never able to resolve it.  In the end I simply bought a different brand of adapter and never had the problem again.

In short, if you're using a USB-to-Serial adapter, try using a different brand if one is available.

Dave

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content