cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to route a single website out WAN port not internet port

William Becker
Level 1
Level 1

Ha ving trouble figuring this out, how to route a single website out the WAN port and have all other web traffic go out the internet port? I have two routers, one is has our internet access the other handles our WAN traffic. I can change the IP route and all internet traffic routes fine out the internet port and all network traffic routes out the WAN port fine, however, I have one web address that needs to route out the WAN and not the internet port. At one point I will want that to route out a tunnel but for now I want this configuration to work first. Any help would be great.

Thank you,

Beckman

17 Replies 17

Beckman

I am glad that you found a solution that works and that my suggestions were helpful in this. Thank you for using the rating system to mark this issue as answered. It makes the forum more useful when people can read about a problem and can know that a solution was found. Your marking has contributed to this process.

I guess one lesson that comes out of this is that frequently if there is a more simple solution and a more complex solution then usually the simple solution is better. It is easy to start looking for complex solutions and sometimes we forget to look for a more simple solution.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Alemubaby
Level 1
Level 1

we have 2 Wan connections. 1 is for internet purpose 1 is for accessing government system. our networking devices are Cisco 2901 ISR router with 3 Interfaces and ASA 5506 Firewall...we want to direct users who want to access the government system to gig0/0 interface on 2901 router and the rest using gig0/1 interface (it’s also possible to replace the 2901 router with ASA 5506 Firewall) currently only internet is working using default route 0.0.0.0.... can someone help me....Screenshot 2022-09-13 102440.png

I think problem simple,

example: you had 1 router 2 line wan, 1 line internet and 1 line mpls. 

- line Internet gateway is: 113.161.231.129 (find using command show ip route)

- line Mpls gateway is: 10.254.0.1 

ok! now you want access web google via to line internet gateway 113.161.231.129, please open cmd in window clients and command nslookup google.com, you will seen ip address of google.com url is 142.250.66.46

You need copy all address of google url, login into router and routing  destination is 142.250.66.46/32 gateway 113.161.231.129. Over, try tracert -d google.com 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card