Views
Helpful
Replies

How to see advertising route

cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any command to see routes which a particular Router_A is advertising to a remote Router_B .I dont have login rights to remote Router_B but i have full priveldges for Router_A. Also, on Router_A i cant run debug.

regards

Neo

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Neo,

what routing protocol are you using?

For example BGP provides a sh command to see what RA advertises to RB but other routing protocols may require debug commands to see the updates.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi ,

I am using EIGRP . but do let me know about that show command in BGP also.

regards

Neo

Hello Neo,

using eigrp topology you can find the routes to routerB in the following manner:

take the

sh ip eigrp topology

from the list remove all IP subnets that have successor RB, all the other IP subnets should be sent by RA to RB (split horizon rule)

if there is a distribute-list that involves the interface between Ra and Rb it can reduce the list of routes to be sent from RA to RB.

for BGP :

sh ip bgp nei 1.1.1.1 ?

advertised-routes Display the routes advertised to a BGP neighbor

dampened-routes Display the dampened routes received from neighbor (eBGP peers only)

flap-statistics Display flap statistics of the routes learned from neighbor (eBGP peers only)

paths Display AS paths learned from neighbor

policy Display neighbor polices per address-family

received Display information received from a BGP neighbor

received-routes Display the received routes from neighbor

routes Display routes learned from neighbor

| Output modifiers

advertised-routes shows the routes RA is going to send to RB

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Neo,

For EIGRP you can use the IP-EIGRP Route-Events debug on Router_A:

debug ip eigrp

Be careful, because depending on the number of routes it produces a very abundant output.

For BGP you can see the advertised routes with the following command on Router_A:

show ip bgp neighbors x.x.x.x advertised-routes

Cheers:

Istvan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: