cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to select switch on basis of badwidth etc...

r.kukreja
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

how to select a switch bandwidth needed ,forwarding capacity and backplane etc...

if possible kindly highlight the parameter to take in to consideration during designing of network.

let's i take example i want to design network for 1000users

next for 1500 users

next for 2000 users

what kind of switches should i go for and why .kindly highlight the parameter on the basis of design should be considered for organisation

9 Replies 9

r.kukreja
Level 1
Level 1

can any body reply on thread

response would be appreciated

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This question sounds more like school work.

that is ok but i want to learn how to design a network.

what are the parameter to take in to consideration during designing

Thanks

Rajat

matrix lin
Level 1
Level 1

The conditions you given are not enough to put available solution,if you can get more detail to below question:

1.which network you want to implement for the users?WAN?LAN? For WAN,router and firewall will be considered;for LAN,which Level you would like to apply to?Level 3 core switch with Level 2 distribution switch will be considered.

2.Thinking of your network is L3 with core switch,Cisco 6500 series and 3750 series are the VLAN design mode for applying VLAN to L2 switches,2960 series can be the L2 distribution and access switch.

You should give more detail design request to make the answer more available.....

i am intrest in  the lan network design. i wan to know how forwarding rate, back plane capacity etc... parameters helps in design of netwok. let take example of 1500 users of l3 network, how should i choose access switches, distribution , core switch ,what redundancy should i adopt in network

Thanks

Rajat

I have to treat this as network engineer interview subject and I had never got a good answer from interviewer.....ha ha!!

can any body reply ?

Fadi.1984
Level 1
Level 1

Well, go for Cisco catalyst 3700 series in all your project, it will save your mony as well as it's

very powerfull and POE switch.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how to select a switch bandwidth needed ,forwarding capacity and backplane etc...

Please go and get more information.  Is this for core, distribution or access switch?  No one will ask this question for an access switch.

let's i take example i want to design network for 1000users
next for 1500 users
next for 2000 users

PoE?  Gig or not?  10Gb uplinks?  Access, distro or core switching?  How many servers?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card