Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set QOS...."Voice Quality Issue"

stangride
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

We have three Cisco Switches, two at our "Main Office" and one at our "Second Office".  We also have two Cisco ASA 5510's that we have a site-to-site setup to allow communication between the two offices.  At our main office, we have an Avaya PBX and where the PRI exists and also an Avaya PBX at our Second office, over the Avaya SCN is how the folks at our "Second Office" are getting dial tone.

We have worked with Cisco Tech support to configure both ASA's for QOS, therefore to give voice traffic the highest priority.

After that configuration, we are still having issues with Voice Quality and figure it is due to not setting QOS on the switches.  I looked at the switches and changed the "Trust Mode" to "DSCP" and changed "DSCP 46 (EF)" to Queue "1", I did this on all three switches and made sure QOS is enabled on all interfaces.  Is that all I need to do on the switches?

Switch Models:

1) SRW248G4

2) SGE2010P

3) SG500-52P

Thank you,
Stangride

1 Reply 1

ansverma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, You need the trust( incoming) command end to end in voice setup to get the best results. Also, try configuring priority queue out on all the switches( if they support it).

This link might help:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/srw2048/administration/guide/SRW-US_v10_UG_A-Web.pdf

Do you see drops on interfaces?

Thanks

Anshul

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card