Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

how to setup a PVLAN isolated mode on a c6509

Hey there,

I currently have 2 vlans setup on a 6509, one for voice(VLAN30) and another for the data(VLAN20) very simple configuration. However I would like to setup a few things to finalize the configuration and make things a little more secure as well setup some QoS lastly.

I have read about PVLAN and more particular the 'isolated mode' and think this would be a good start to protect each user from others. However I do not know how to set something like this up with what I have in place currently. I am not using VTP either. very simple so far.

If I can get some configuration examples or point me to some documentation then I will test this on a small range of port to make sure the voice and data still function as required. ***As for the isolation I would only need that on the data VLAN20 for the PC's.***

If all goes well and I can get this setup on the 6509 I will then look into QoS for the VoIP and Data.

If you require some further information on the configuration of the switch I would be glad to provide whatever is necessary to help out.

Thanks for your time!

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: how to setup a PVLAN isolated mode on a c6509

Hello,

Please see these documents about configuring PVLANs on Catalyst 6500 Series switches.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.1E/native/configuration/guide/pvlans.html

Regards.

Views
Helpful
Replies