Views
Helpful
Replies

how to setup a PVLAN isolated mode on a c6509

coryschiele
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there,

I currently have 2 vlans setup on a 6509, one for voice(VLAN30) and another for the data(VLAN20) very simple configuration. However I would like to setup a few things to finalize the configuration and make things a little more secure as well setup some QoS lastly.

I have read about PVLAN and more particular the 'isolated mode' and think this would be a good start to protect each user from others. However I do not know how to set something like this up with what I have in place currently. I am not using VTP either. very simple so far.

If I can get some configuration examples or point me to some documentation then I will test this on a small range of port to make sure the voice and data still function as required. ***As for the isolation I would only need that on the data VLAN20 for the PC's.***

If all goes well and I can get this setup on the 6509 I will then look into QoS for the VoIP and Data.

If you require some further information on the configuration of the switch I would be glad to provide whatever is necessary to help out.

Thanks for your time!

1 Reply 1

jorge.calvo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Please see these documents about configuring PVLANs on Catalyst 6500 Series switches.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.1E/native/configuration/guide/pvlans.html

Regards.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card