cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Suppress BPDU on cat5k (4.5(4)?

aggie1234
Level 1
Level 1

WS-C5000 Software, Version McpSW: 4.5(4) NmpSW: 4.5(4)....

Hi,

I am using above switch in my network and i have to suppress BPDU in it. I have been looking at some docs at Cisco site about STP related info. I have sc0 port is coonected to root switch with provide me my Subnet connection. How can i Suppress BPDU?

13 Replies 13

tpacjer
Level 1
Level 1

try

set spantree bpdu-guard x/x-x enable

set spantree bpdu-filter x/x-x enable

I manage to do that but below problem happen:

I have turned STP off on vlan 1(default) and connected uplink from root switch. Which work for vlan 1 (port 1/1 and 2/1-12) ports? I put UNIX box and works well with vlan1.

I have created another vlan and turned off STP. I have moved 1/1 and 2/1-12 ports to this new vlan. I moved my uplink to this new vlan and found no connectivity and I lost my uplink to my root switch. If I move this to vlan 1, it starts working. I don?t understand why it happening. Am I missing something when I created new vlan?

did you add the new vlan to the trunk

I was looking at config Valn trunk doc for cat os 4.5(4).

I see only Vlan 1 in

Port Vlans allowed and active in management domain

-------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------

1/1 1

Please let me know how to add another Vlan to trunk... thx....

set trunk x/x

I found that feature is not supported on my module...

set trunk 2/1 auto 76 isl

Feature not supported on Module 2.

is this the core? if so you would put it on 15/1 other wise you would add the trunk to your uplink

I am soory, i didn't get it.. please let me know what do you mean? about core and 15/1

thx.

Not sure I'm understanding the problem you described as no connectivity. If it's a connectivity to and from this switch, it might be that you have to move int sc0 to the new vlan.

Regards,

Francois

first, let me thank you all for your help.

My question is ... I want to set vlan in my switch for my uplink from root switch.

1) 199.x.76 is my uplink from root switch. I can't send BPDU to my root switch.

Vlan 1 is default and port 1/1 and 2/1-12 was assigned to it. I have connected my uplinl to 1/1 and a sun box at 2/1 with ip 199.x.76.10.

This setup work and i ping my gateway and my sun box.

2) I want create vlan 76 and i did that and assigned port 1/1 and 2/1-12 to this new vlan. This time i can't ping my gateway and my sun box.

3) set trunk command doesn't supported on my second (2) module...which is WS-x5224. I am not sure what do i need to do to create new vlan.

Q. why my new vlan doesn't working?

Thanks.

Do the following and see what happens. Not sure why you think you have to turn off spanning tree when you are connecting to another switch , not good practice . If you are going to try and manage the 5000 then you have to change the SC0 interface to the address range of the uplink going to the root switch , if thats vlan 76 also , add third statement.

"set vlan 76 state active"

set vlan 76 1/1,2/1-12

set int sc0 76

set ip route default .

I have tried it and ...

I have configured, according your commands and made progress. I did put 1/1 and 2/1-12 in vlan 76. my uplink was connected to 1/1 and my sun box at 2/3. In this setup i could ping my internal but not my gateway IP (199.X.76.1). I moved my up link to 2/1 and sun at 2/3 and it start working. Why it didn't work when my link was connected to 1/1?

1/1 and 1/2 are fiber connection and 1/1 is connected by media converter. Do i need to do some special at port 1/1? I am seeing bellow error 'at sh port 1/1' output.

Port Align-Err FCS-Err Xmit-Err Rcv-Err UnderSize

----- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------

1/1 162074 127485 0 51949 7

and

Runts

-------

How can i clear this info?

How can i create another Vlan?

My original setup is for 2 uplink from root switch for two valn. now i have vlan 76 and need to add vlan 81 with ports 1/2 and 3/1-12.

{My probelm was sc0 was configured for vlan 1. with your comand i changed to vlan 76.}

Thanks for all help.

question is in detail in above post.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card