Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to Sync the Supervisor Engine Configurations

Hi,

I just installed three switches 6513 with 2 Supervisors 720-VG-10 using 12.2(33)SXH2a

I have one doubt. With the following configuration, when the user update both running and startup configurations in the active supervisory, the configurations will be written too to the standby supervisor ??

redundancy

keepalive-enable

mode sso

main-cpu

auto-sync running-config

!

Is there any recomendation to no put the auto-sync standard option ( I think is a hidden command cause when I tried to put I could not receive any help)

Thanks in Advanced,

My Best Regards,

Andre Lomonaco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: How to Sync the Supervisor Engine Configurations

In networking devices running SSO, both supervisor engines must be running the same configuration so that the redundant supervisor engine is always ready to assume control following a fault on the active supervisor engine. SSO switchover also preserves FIB and adjacency entries and can forward Layer 3 traffic after a switchover. Configuration information and data structures are synchronized from the active to the redundant supervisor engine at startup and whenever changes to the active supervisor engine configuration occur. Following an initial synchronization between the two supervisor engines, SSO maintains state information between them, including forwarding information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/configuration/guide/nsfsso.html

HTH,

__

Edison.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: How to Sync the Supervisor Engine Configurations

In networking devices running SSO, both supervisor engines must be running the same configuration so that the redundant supervisor engine is always ready to assume control following a fault on the active supervisor engine. SSO switchover also preserves FIB and adjacency entries and can forward Layer 3 traffic after a switchover. Configuration information and data structures are synchronized from the active to the redundant supervisor engine at startup and whenever changes to the active supervisor engine configuration occur. Following an initial synchronization between the two supervisor engines, SSO maintains state information between them, including forwarding information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/configuration/guide/nsfsso.html

HTH,

__

Edison.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content