cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HP BladeSystem with Cat3560

hsasaki_cert
Level 1
Level 1

First, I'm not Bilingual so excuse my English.

Dear Sirs,

Please teach the compatibility of "HP BladeSystem c-Class GbE2c" and "Cat3560G( or Cat3560E)".

GbE2c is connected with Cat3560 with EtherChannel.

Are there results?

Is it unquestionable?

HP GbE2c Ethernet Blade Switch for c-Class BladeSystem - key benefits

GbE2c deployment applications

The HP GbE2c Switch is an ideal choice for the HP BladeSystem because of its port density, price/performance ratio, high availability, and advanced Layer 2 feature sets. The GbE2c offers advanced Layer 2 features including extensive support for VLANs, Spanning Tree, Uplink Failure Detection and Link Aggregation (compatible with Cisco? EtherChannel).

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/blades/components/ethernet/GbE2c/benefits.html

Best regards,

2 Replies 2

Pavel Bykov
Level 5
Level 5

I haven't tested this compatibility in HP clusters, but HP also offers another choice - a cisco switch inside their blades. It's 3020 or something like that and is a descent L2 switch. Since it's completely cisco, you wouldn't have to worry about compatibility.

We currently have 2x 3020 blade switches connected to 2x 3750 switches, and I haven't had any problems with them at all.

We treat the 3020s as switches and leave all the management of them to the Network team, no management is done via the blade server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card